Academy Dashboard Forum Studio DAWs Reaper Stream Sound Cloud in Reaper

Tagged: 

• This topic has 6 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 5 years ago by James Gorman.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Sean Johnson
    Participant

Hi All,

I just discovered something cool that will be hugely useful for me, so I'm hoping it might help someone else too.

I wanted the ability to listen to audio streaming (SoundCloud, YouTube, Spotify, etc) on my PC while in my DAW. A couple reasons for this, if I want to listen to a reference track against my mix I can simply mute/solo the stream to check levels. Also, as I listen to other members mixes it's handy to be able to look at various meters for loudness, phase correlation, and to have access to plugins for EQ or Mono or gain trim.

I've attached a word doc with images of the steps I took. Feel free to hit me up with questions if it doesn't make sense.

It requires 2 downloads: ASIO4ALL and VBCable HiFi ASIO Bridge.

Enjoy

James Gorman
      Participant

Nice one Sean. Think I'll have a look at this one - referencing streaming is a pain sometimes.

Sean Johnson
        Participant

Thanks James. I've been loving this little trick. Working great for me.

James Gorman
          Participant

Just got an IK ARC 2 to tune my monitors, so really needed this so I could route stuff through with the adjustments on. Worked like a charm!

Sean Johnson
            Participant

Awesome, glad it helped.

Sean Johnson
              Participant

How do you like the IK ARC? I've been playing with REW and Reference 4 trying to set up my new monitors.

James Gorman
                Participant

Good so far. The change is pretty drastic, but much brighter and more even, slightly better stereo image (about what I'd expect given my speakers are laid on their sides). Running with a little bass boost since I monitor pretty quiet. It'll take a while to get used to it but over all worth it.

Was easy to set up and have it on my Monitor FX so I don't accidentally render it 🙂 I'm luck that the room I'm in is pretty good, it's just I can't get a good speaker placement (family!). It'd be nice to be able to get it on the output itself so I don't have to mess around routing everything through reaper but it does the job and was much cheaper (I got a cross-grade deal on it).

With the new microphone for the ARC I'm guessing it's much of a muchness between the two these days.

Are you looking at fixing your room as well?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.