• This topic has 6 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by Jared Sherman.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Jared Sherman
    Participant

Hi Adam; I noticed from your website that you have a good amount of SPL gear including the SPL mastering console (It seems that influence has rubbed off on you from Bob Ludwig). Can you give your thoughts on the SPL 120V technology in the mastering console and if the extra headroom gained there is something that drew you to that?

Also, I have considered the SPL Tube Vitializer, which you have, for mix buss and/or mastering purposes. Regarding the vitalizer, do you still use that piece on masters? Do find it has better use on mastering compared with mix buss use? I know Plugin Alliance has a plugin version of the MK-2T which is kind of the baby brother to the Tube Vitalizer, have you used the plugin and does it do anything like what your hardware Tube Vitalizer does? I have the plugin and I really like it, so much that it has made me want to get the Tube Vitalizer, so I am very interested in your thoughts on all this. My only SPL piece so far is the SPL Phonitor 2 and I am very impressed so I guess I am kind of a budding SPL fan.

• This topic was modified 8 years ago by Jared Sherman.
      Adam Ayan
      Participant

Hi Jared,

I moved to the SPL console several years ago after we converted to SPL in Bob's room. We had them custom make my console, which just sounds amazing. Bob and I have kept our rooms in step in terms of gear so that we can go from room to room if necessary (though that rarely happens).

The Vitalizer is an interesting piece. The one I have is custom with a knob for stereo width, and that is about all I ever use it for. I use it rarely these days, as I am staying in the digital domain almost always.

Best,
        Adam

Jared Sherman
        Participant

Thanks for your reply, Adam. What do you use for stereo width in the digital domain now? I think the SPL Vitalizer plugin (which has a stereo width knob is good) and also the Brainworx BX_Digital EQ has a good one. Just curious what your thoughts are on stereo width plugins.

Warren Huart
          Keymaster

Hi Jared, Thanks for all of the amazing questions you asked! I really appreciate the huge amount of detail you brought out of Adam! It was really fantastic! I did promise Adam he only had to answer the weeks worth of questions, so he won't be answering questions that came after this last week. He was incredibly generous with his time! I do hope that you enjoyed having him here as much as I did! I personally learned alot!! Have a marvellous time recording and mixing, many thanks Warren

Jared Sherman
            Participant

Thanks Warren for getting Adam to answer all these questions for us. Thank you Adam for all the fantastic answers. It was very helpful and Adam is extremely knowledgeable, so this has been a great learning experience for me and I am sure many others as well. Thank you so much!

Warren Huart
              Keymaster

Great stuff Jared! Thanks for the great questions! Really glad you enjoyed having Adam here! He did an amazing job! Have a marvellous time recording and mixing, many thanks Warren

Jared Sherman
                Participant

Hey Warren, thanks for everything you do, truly. I really dont know how you do everything you do and still keep your attitude and positivity that are infectious. If you read this forum much, there is really a lot more positive stuff happening here than other forums I have been a part of, and I think that all stems from the example you are setting. Thanks for your positivity and willingness to help. I would love to see you more on this forum by the way! Thanks again; Jared.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.