Academy Dashboard Forum Production Mixing Soundflower alternative

• This topic has 3 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 2 years ago by Gordon McKiernan.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Gordon McKiernan
    Participant

Hi All: Happy New Year to you!

First post here.  Not sure why it's taken me so long, but better late than never!

Recently I upgraded my MacOS to Big Sur.  Unfortunately, a freeware app I was using for referencing purposes was lost forever, due to (I presume) compatibility reasons.  I used to use Soundflower to route audio from Spotify to Logic and that allowed me to listen to reference tracks through the Abbey Rd Studio 3 plugin which would help me with various balancing and eq decisions, amongst other things.

Does anyone else know of a suitable alternative to Soundflower that's compatible with Big Sur – preferably free?!

Cheers

Russell Cameron Thomas
      Participant

I bought LoopBack for this purpose and so far I'm very happy with it -- good value for the money.  I understand the desire for a free tool, but there is real value to paying a vendor for a tool that will keep up with changing computer technology, solve compatibility problems, have good documentation and customer service, etc.

Paul Motion
        Participant

Can concur, loopback is great. Did a bit of research into this a while back for podcasting and didn’t find a good free alternative however, the new Audient interfaces, (Evo), have loop back as part of their system I believe. Worth checking into as you get a cracking interface for the money.

Gordon McKiernan
          Participant

Thanks for your time and the feedback gentlemen.  You've confirmed what I thought – I'm going to have to make a purchase this time given there doesn't seem to be any viable free options.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.