Academy Dashboard Forum Production Mastering Software for mastering in the box

Tagged: 

• This topic has 7 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 3 years ago by Sergio Sánchez.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Sergio Sánchez
    Participant

Hi guys. I usually master the tracks I record in my studio. I have used sound forge for 12 years, at first in windows but now in Mac. I was happy with it in windows but in Mac is horrible. It crashes a lot and the management of the presets is disgusting. I’m done with it. So I need to change. Any recommendations? I am thinking in wavelab. Any of you use it? I have good plugins that I know and I trust in them, but I need a stable platform that helps my workflow. Thanks and sorry about my English!!

• This topic was modified 4 years ago by Sergio Sánchez.
      Andrei Zadziarkouski
      Participant

Hi, I use Studio One for mastering on my Mac. It has an option of "creating project". You can upload your song to the Project and add plugins to inserts window (pre- and post) of the track.

Sergio Sánchez
        Participant

Thanks Andrei. I have never tried studio one, but maybe I do it. I need a simple and stable platform for my plugin chain. I can do it in pro tools, but I prefer an audio editor for mastering just because it’s quicker.

Jacob White
          Participant

I love wavelab. In my opinion it's the best option for dollar... that said, if you like the workflow of studio one, the pro version gives you the project page which is great for mastering an album in whole. For 1 or 2 songs not worth it. But that's just me.

Jacob White
            Participant

And I say that as a current studio one professional owner.

Sergio Sánchez
              Participant

Thanks Jacob. I have read the characteristics of both Wavelab and studio one and I think the best option for me is wavelab. I never tried studio one, I use pro tools and it’s very easy to me, but I will try a demo. I was a bit worried about the stability of Wavelab, but thanks to the comments here and in the Facebook group I make the decision. Nothing is better than speaking with users!

Steven Fox
                Participant

I use Ozone 8, Waves PuigChild (Lavyne Vintage Mastering Glue), PuigTec EQP1A (boosting 60Hz and 10kHz), AIRSaturationFilter_X64 (for vocal sibilance correction), Gullfoss and the Waves L1+ Ultramaximizer in the this order for mastering in Logic Pro X on a Mac. For metering LUFS I use the Logic 'Loudness Meter.' I usually shoot for -11 LUFS Integrated for regular bounces.

• This reply was modified 3 years ago by Steven Fox.
                  • This reply was modified 3 years ago by Steven Fox.
                  Sergio Sánchez
                  Participant

Thanks Steven! These Lavyne presets are awesome. I use them as starting points a lot. I work with pro tools, but fir mastering I prefer the workflow of an audio editor.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.