Academy Dashboard Forum Academy Pro Mix Academy Snakebite - "My Final Hour" (Sara's Mix)

Tagged: 

• This topic has 8 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by auntiebeeb.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    auntiebeeb
    Participant

Hi everyone

Looking for some feedback on this before I put it on my portfolio page. All comments gratefully received 🙂

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/19958759/Snakebite%20-%20My%20Final%20Hour.wav

I hope the above link turns into a playable file. If not, I'll have to put it on Soundcloud and you'll see it appear below.

auntiebeeb
      Participant
        Arthur Labus

Great mix Sara !
          I really like the drums in particular. Going for more "top" sounding snare and kick was good choice in my opinion.
          Snare is a killer !!!
          Maybe a bit too much hi-hats, but i know, hi-hats are everywhere 🙂
          Like the reverbs/delays in breakdown.
          Maybe let the fade out 1-2 sec. longer would be good idea. Just detail.

D.... good job Sara !

auntiebeeb
          Participant

Thanks Arthur! 🙂

auntiebeeb
            Participant

Here's my revision. I've taken out some low end in the kick and guitars and shifted the emphasis to the higher vocal in the breakdown section. I think it sounds like a record now. 😉

https://soundcloud.com/saracarteraudio/snakebite-my-final-hour-sara-carter-mix-rev-1

David Allen Hammond

Nice mix. Did you flange the vocals on breakdown? Guitars sound great.

iansea
                Participant

Just scrolling through the forums, so sorry this is a late comment on this track, but to me it sounds excellent 🙂

Warren Huart
                  Keymaster

Wow! Sara, how did I miss this? The snare sounds amazing! Better than mine...haha! Great work! They only thing I would do is bring up the energy in the choruses, raise the guitars a little, bring up the overheads slightly. Also another trick I will do is run a transient designer on the kick where it plays super fast and slightly shorten the sustain so there isn'y a huge build up of low end. Great work Sara!!

auntiebeeb
                    Participant

Haha! Thank you Warren and everyone. This track is actually on my portfolio, so I'm glad you think it's worthy - especially the snare!!

I've recently started shortening the sustain on kicks, samples in particular, to get that tight, clean low end. Good call on the choruses, again it's something I do now on all of my mixes. Love to learn!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.