Academy Dashboard Forum Studio Studio Building / Acoustics Small Room Treatment

• This topic has 5 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by Blue (James Henley).
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Jason Davenport
    Participant

Been a busy summer, but I did manage to find time to repaint, and re-arrange my home studio. Figured while I was at, I would add some acoustic panels to help tame some of the reflections in my small room. Made all the panels myself using 1x4 pine frames, Owens Corning 703 2" thick insulation, and some nice Guilford Of Maine Fabric my wife found. Used the design found in Bobby Owsinski's book"The Studio Builders Handbook". The two panels on either side of the window are filled with 4" of insulation and the rest are filled with 2". Added a cloud over my listening position since these photos which has helped even more. Room is 11.5' x 11' x 8'. Walls and ceiling are covered in drywall, and floor is ceramic tile. Treatment has definitely made a difference, still have more I want to do, but a drastic improvement with minimal effort!

Todd Mitchell
      Participant

Looks great!

Jason Davenport
        Participant

Thanks Todd!

Ken Nilsen
          Participant

Looks great, Jason!
            All the best.

Jason Davenport
            Participant

Thanks Ken!

Blue (James Henley)
              Participant

I have not done any room treatment yet. Found a DIY video that shows how to make some panels for cheap with wooden frames and towels. https://youtu.be/pABvTWSxOes
                This is in my budget range. And my 'studio' is also my wife and I's bedroom so facing limitations there too. No monitors yet either. lol. Will probably get Kali-LP6's. Thought it was a great video and wanted to share it for other members on a budget.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.