Academy Dashboard Forum Production Digital Recording signal routing

• This topic has 4 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by Todd Hartwell.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Todd Hartwell
    Participant

I just built a studio with all new gear/ I am having trouble understanding routing on my Allen & Heath SQ6 Digital mixer. I can't seem to get my inputs routed to my DAW - Reaper. I can map channel strips to the DAW but not if I have them with an input source assigned. Any help - links to videos, etc would be awesome. Thank you

Mark McDaniel
      Participant

Did you get this figured out?  Looking at the manual, they don't show an example of it but should be:

I/O Screen
        Outputs
        Direct Outs
        USB Tab
        Select lp 1-16 to USB 1-16

I don't have one of these but would be interested in what you found out.

Cheers!

Todd Hartwell
        Participant

I have not solved this yet. I agree with y ou Mark, that's how its should be routed, but there is a very funky unusual midi DAW control driver. I believe the issue is with this driver, per the website (Allen & Heath) this driver is for

Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10.

macOS 10.12 Sierra, 10.13 High Sierra, 10.14 Mojave, 10.15 Catalina.

I am running MacOS12.4 Monterey. I am waiting to hear from Allen and Heath at this point.

Todd

Donald MacTavish
          Participant

Hi Todd,

I don’t have a solution but some insights. There were lots of issues with MIDI drivers with OSX in moves from Mojava -> Catalina -> Big Sur.
            <RantOn> It was really frustrating to perfectly good gear rendered useless and the vendors offer little to no support since the equipment was older/legacy.  I cannot stand obsolescence with gear that is still  fully functional <RantOff>. I hope you find a solution.

prost

prost

Todd Hartwell
            Participant

I eventually discovered that I had to assign midi channels to. tracks as well. Very different but it works great now!

Todd

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.