Academy Dashboard Forum Academy Pro Mix Academy Little Empire - "Shoot You Down" Shoot You Down - Patrick's Mix

• This topic has 5 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by Patrick Schindler.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Patrick Schindler
    Participant

Hi everyone,

Slowly catching up with all those multitracks on my hard drive. Really fun song to mix. I pretty much decided early on to go more pop than rock and stuck with it.

https://www.orfium.com/track/249653/little-empire-shoot-you-down-cyler/

Warren Huart
      Keymaster

Hi Patrick, great work! Kick is huge but not to big. Chorus drums sound great! I'd like to guitars to be a little louder just for impact, otherwise fantastic work! You did a great job making the song drive along! Have a marvellous time recording and mixing, many thanks Warren

Patrick Schindler
        Participant

Hi Warren,

Thank you very much for listening and critiquing as well as the awfully kind words, it really means a helluva lot to me!

Yeah, I pretty much did not feature the clean guitars in the choruses at all. When I listened to your mix again, it pretty much hit me like the proverbial brick in the head. After turning them up, dialing in some delays and some widening, the choruses now open up properly. Lesson learned: Make sure to reference the producers mix section by section to make sure you do not miss production features that really help the track.

Thanks again, Patrick!

P.S.: For anybody listening to the mix after this post, the linked track in the opening post has already been replaced by the improved version.

• This reply was modified 7 years ago by Patrick Schindler.
          Warren Huart
          Keymaster

Hi Patrick, of course! I came back to see if there was any update. Sounds great!! Fantastic work! Have a marvellous time recording and mixing, many thanks Warren

Warren Huart
            Keymaster

P.S How are you finding Orpheum? Have a marvellous time recording and mixing, many thanks Warren

Patrick Schindler
              Participant

Thanks a bunch again Warren!

Orfium looks like it has potential, but it seems pretty quiet so far. If they really get some traffic, it could be a great site for independent artists to sell their music. They even let the artists decide how much they want to charge and I saw something about them being able to collect monies for plays on YouTube, too.

Another nice feature is that they stream 320 kbit/s MP3, instead of mere 128 kbit/s like Soundcloud, which often leaves a lot to be desired sound wise.

Thanks again and keep on rocking!

Patrick

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.