• This topic has 3 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 3 years ago by Rob Sedgwick.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Robb Sutherlan
    Participant

Sorry for such a noob question.  I am watching so many videos where things get routed to a bus.  Quick as a flash, something happens like "I am doing it pre fader, adding an EQ so the reverb is just on the mid to high end" and I think - makes perfect sense.  But how do I do it?

What to bus, when to bus, how to bus, what to stick on a bus.  What is your regular everyday workflow?

I know it is a basic work flow question and I am probably all over the place.  If I could come and sit in one of your studios for an hour I am sure I would pick it up by looking over one of your shoulders and you wouldn't even notice I didn't know because I'd blag it like an intern.

There may be a video up there already that I just haven't found.

Ta

Guido tum Suden
      Keymaster

Hi,
        A Bus or Aux Channel is more or less a channel to which you can route the signal from each channel.
        Usually you use one of the Sends from one ore more channels and send it to a Bus. The Send part of the channel has a Volume control (Fader or knob) and splits the signal (without changing anything in the channel) from the channel and sends it to a Bus.
        Now you have two channels with the same signal. On the Bus you can then change the signal, e.g. by putting a reverb on it. With the volume fader of the Bus you can now control the overall volume of the Bus channel, which in case of reverb will probably be the volume of the reverb from many different channels, because the Sends from the different channels can all go into one Bus.
        In this example the Send Volume controls on each channel control the amount of reverb for each channel, because they control how much from each channel goes into the Bus and so into the reverb.

Guido

Rob Sedgwick
        Participant

• This reply was modified 3 years ago by Rob Sedgwick.
          Rob Sedgwick
          Participant

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.