Academy Dashboard Forum Production Mixing Rendering a track to include send FX in Reaper

Tagged: ,

• This topic has 1 reply, 2 voices, and was last updated 5 years ago by Arthur Labus.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Daniel Ashcom
    Participant

Hi everyone,

This is my first question in the forums, woo hoo. A google and youtube search was unfruitful on this so I'm posing it to you. I'm running into a chugging slow-down for the first time in Reaper due to plug-ins applied to guitars, bass and now drums. I know from previous experience with FL Studio that this means I need to render some of the processing on my recorded tracks but when I do so, I only get fx applied directly to the track itself, which I never do.

Is there a way to also process and render effects in other tracks to which I send from the track being rendered? Or should I instead just start adding any effects to each track individually so I can render it separately with all intended effects? If I have to do the latter, that kinda sucks cause there's so much more precise control, I feel, when you're able to adjust the level that you're sending in addition to the controls of the effect itself and the level of the effect in your mixdown. Is there a way to get that precision control back if you're applying effects repeatedly to each track without getting bogged down in having to check a million reverb, etc., settings across a bunch of tracks?

Regards and thanks in advance.

Dan

Arthur Labus

Hi Daniel,

there should be a way for that. At least, that should be working fine with rendering tracks and import the rendering FX tracks to Reaper.
        Not sure if it could work with freeze option.
        I can test some procedures at the evening, so stay tuned.

Arthur

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.