Academy Dashboard Forum Production Mixing Really Daft Question re Drum Sample Panning

Tagged: , ,

• This topic has 2 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by auntiebeeb.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    auntiebeeb
    Participant

Hi

I've got a really silly question regards the drum sample files in the PLAP multitrack downloads.

I'm tackling "Hey Lady" and have imported the files into my DAW and I see they are separate mono left and right tracks.In Warren's video, the tracks are stereo in PT but I can't tell how they are panned.

The question is, do I pan my separate L & R mono drum tracks hard left and right or keep them up the middle? I'm thinking the samples will have been made up of close and room mics, so I should pan them L&R...or is that not right?

Cheers!

Arthur Labus

It seems to be always stereo sample, but spilt to left/right as single tracks (there are no stereo tracks at all - is this an export option of ProTools ?).
        You're right - have to pan the hard to left/right. Snare sample should be in middle with some panorama. Hammond on Leslie will move from side to side.
        All clear ?

Arthur

auntiebeeb
        Participant

Yeah, cheers. After watching the video a little longer I saw the o/h's panned the same way so I thought, MUST be left/right 🙂

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.