Academy Dashboard Forum Studio Electronic Engineering Ready for Questions!

• This topic has 3 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by Curt Rönnlöf.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Michael Stucker
    Participant

Hello PLAP community. I'm ready to talk gear and answer questions.

Marc Becker
      Participant

Hello Michael.
        It's so awesome to give us the opportunity to ask questions on gear here in the academy. Thank you so much for doing it.

I already have a question for you 🙂
        I have an Warm Audio Tone Beast TB12 and I like it a lot. It's a homage to the API 312 with a broader feature set.
        One feature is the interchangeable set of opamps.
        In tha manual says:" DISCRETE OPAMP SELECTION ALLOWS FOR CHOOSING BETWEEN A 1731(VINTAGE) AND 918(CLEANER) STYLE OPAMP. THESE ARE SOCKETED/SWAPPABLE WITH YOUR CHOICE OF 2520 6 PIN FOOTPRINT OPAMPS".
        I would love to add a tad more low end to the sound of the TB12 and wonder if it could be done by changing the opamp. If so, what opamp would you recomend?
        Thank you ever so much!

Alexander Common
        Participant

Question -

Do you have any recommendations for resources on how to get started building and modifying audio electronics? Maybe a good book?

I'm educated in electrical engineering a bit (I've taken physics for engineers), but I haven't found any good resources on audio related electronics.

Curt Rönnlöf
          Participant

Sorry wasn't ment as an answer !

• This reply was modified 1 year ago by Curt Rönnlöf.
          Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.