Academy Dashboard Forum Production Production Techniques Questions on Techniques from the "Mix-Prepping for Warren" Video

• This topic has 1 reply, 2 voices, and was last updated 3 years ago by Guido tum Suden.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Ted Shusterman
    Participant

Hello PLAPS,

I've really learned a lot from Eric's "Mix Prepping for Warren" video, though I do have a few questions. I wasn't sure if this forum or the Mixing forum would be the appropriate place to ask, so please let me know if this is in the wrong place.

If you haven't seen it yet please check it out! Eric is a great teacher.

First, about Warren's vocal chain. In the video Eric covered using the the H3000 for thickening the vocals. He mentioned but didn't show or explain the vocal distortion, vocal octave, and "whisper" tracks. Are there any videos inside/outside of the Academy that show these other tracks and how they're created or used?

The tom trick for bleed. Is there a reason Warren prefers copying the gained-down clip to replace the bleed in the toms, rather than just deleting the bleed from between the toms?

Thanks!

Guido tum Suden
      Keymaster

Hi Ted,

I haven't seen the video, but the Whisper Effect is usually done with Waves Morphoder. Just dial in the Dave Pensado Whisper Preset and tune it if you want.
        You can get this effect with a Vocoder that has a Noise generator.
        Distortion can be done with anything as long as it distorts heavily.
        Try out your Pitch Shifter plugins for the Octave effect and see which one you like best. I use an H3000 preset at the moment, before that Apples Pitch Shifter (in Logic) and before that Little Alter Boy.

Guido

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.