• This topic has 7 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by Seng Chee Lim.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Seng Chee Lim
    Participant

Hi,

Here's my mix for love me I'm rich.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/22iy53080u03xa3/PMA%20Love%20me%20Im%20Rich.m4a?dl=0

Hope u guys like it and thank you very much for taking your time to listen. Really appreciate it.

Best Regards
      LimBros

Warren Huart
      Keymaster

Great stuff! Really enjoyed this mix. Dynamics are great coming into the choruses! In general a really great mix, I would go in and get a little more definition in the low mids. It's glued together well but it doesn't have enough front to back depth for me. I also want that extra insanity when my Radiohead guitar comes in at the end. Great work!! Kick is thumping great throughout! Great work! Have a more marvellous time mixing, many thanks Warren

Seng Chee Lim
        Participant

Hi Warren,

Thanks for the feedback.

Mark Warner
          Participant

It's a good mix to my ears, well done. I am still struggling to tame my mix. Yours has some nice clarity and separation which mine still needs.

Cheers Mark

Tobi
            Keymaster

Like the vocal tone in the verses - really intimate. Vocals seem a touch too 'submerged' in the first chorus - found myself searching for them a little. ...but 2nd chorus is spot on.

Feels a touch stacked up - one thing on top of another - in the 2nd verse.

The dark, moody tone is gorgeous! Delicious use of reverb and delay - feels like dark chocolate sauce 🙂

The distorted, dystopian ending is handled with great success! Love the guitar tone, drums are nice and heavy. Not easy to weave together all those disjointed tones and create something musical, yet still chaotic.

Reminds me of PJ Harvey and Radiohead in places. Great mix!

Seng Chee Lim
              Participant

Hi Mark and Toby,

Thank you for your feedback. Went back to the mix and clean up some of the low mid and did some corrections to the vocal reverb. This second version feels a bit tighter and cleaner.

Here is the link to my second version of the mix.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5q6rs99zsxyb78d/PMA%20Love%20me%20Im%20Rich%20V2.m4a?dl=0

Thank you for your time and really appreciate it.

Best regards
                LimBros

Mark Warner
                Participant

Nice one, I really like the way the vocal widens out in the chorus and the chorus feel very ...hmm not sure what the word is but the effect it a good one 🙂

Seng Chee Lim
                  Participant

Hi Mark, Thanks for listening

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.