Academy Dashboard Forum Collaboration - Competition Member Collaborations Plapa Musicians! Let's get some shameless self promotion going!

Tagged: , ,

• This topic has 9 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by Michael Hordorwich.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Tobi
    Keymaster

Plapa Musicians! Let's get some shameless self promotion going!

I want to create PLAPA Soundcloud playlists to help promote the musicians within the academy. Each musical instrument / discipline gets a playlist. You guys submit your demos according to type of instrument.

**What I Need from You**

Post a public soundcloud link/s of your demo/demos in the comments below.

I want a 'dry' demo of you playing (i.e. just the instrument), plus, if you want, a demo of the full song.
      Include any links etc in your post and I'll add them in the playlist description.

If you play more than one instrument - great! Post as many instruments as you can play.

BUT only 1 demo / pair of domes per instrument.

If you want to update your demo, simply post a new demo and I'll update the playlist accordingly.

Any questions? Post them in the comments below 🙂

**No Excuses!**

If you don't have a demo. Play along to one of the PLAPA multitracks.

If you're new to the Academy and not sure about recording / mixing your demo, tell me in the comments below or email me [email protected]. I will find an experienced member to help you in return for a 'credit for producing / mixing your demo'.

Arthur Labus

Excuse me Sir, bur i am not playing any instrument anymore.
        Is drum programming a valid discipline ?!

Tobi
        Keymaster

Absolutely ! And well reminded! Drum programming and midi programming - all are welcome!

Arthur Labus

Indeed. No excuses 😉

Arthur Labus

Let me be first minesweeper 😉

Category: drums programming
              https://soundcloud.com/geo-catch/blame-it-on-the-whiskey-drums-only-re-created-and-programmed-by-arthur-labus

My first mix for pre-PLAP contest. It was easier for me to re-create the drums than mix them properly from tracks LOL. Thanks God and Academy, i don't have to do that once again 😉

Tobi
              Keymaster
                Tim Morris
                Participant

Me Me me !

Not sure if this is appropriate...I dont have a dry demo...I can sort it though.

So I did a simple backing track, played Bass, Acoustics and electrics.

Thats me !...Oh and I haven't re-engineered this since I join PLAP....so it is what it is.

https://soundcloud.com/spark240/tim-demo-2

• This reply was modified 7 years ago by Tim Morris.
                  Tobi
                  Keymaster

Sounds great! All I need you to do is give me the dry tracks of each of those individual instruments and then I'll pair them with the demo track you just uploaded.

Then the electric guitar pair (dry and full demo) will go on a playlist for electric guitar, the acoustic pair (dry and full demo) a playlist for acoustic etc...

Does that make sense?

I want the instruments on separate playlists, so it's convenient for people searching for a particular instrument / player.

If you want to update your demos at anytime , just post them here and I'll update the relevant playlists.

What acoustic instruments do you play / can record? I'm putting together a couple of acoustic projects at the moment.

Tim Morris
                    Participant

Ok , I just do acoustic guitar !

Michael Hordorwich
                      Participant

Cool idea! Well i play Lead/rhythm guitars,bass,drums,keys,cello,violin,harp. Here's a vid of me doing A version of hey you by pink floyd, all instruments played by me. Hope you enjoy. Thanks tobi. Hope this is ok until i upload an original song! Thanks and if not i will take it down.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQjt2okeSwQ

• This reply was modified 7 years ago by Michael Hordorwich.
                        • This reply was modified 7 years ago by Michael Hordorwich.
                      Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.