Academy Dashboard Forum Collaboration - Competition Member Collaborations PLAP Production 1_MIXING WEEK!!

• This topic has 39 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by Arthur Labus.
Viewing 12 posts - 13 through 24 (of 40 total)
  • Author
    Anders Isberg
    Participant

Haha! I don't think they're that bad, but please feel free to do another take sans cold. 🙂

thedove
      Participant

No cold?

I have a 3 year old and do a 1.5 hr commute on train and tube....

Never going to happen 😉

Cheers

C

Anders Isberg
        Participant

I hear you! 🙂 My kids are 4, 6 and 8 years old.

thedove
          Participant

Bring out your dead.... bring out your dead...

Cris Sabater Sabater
            Participant

Hi Anders, nice mix mate! I like the extra vocal on there too.

Cheers mate,

Cris

Anders Isberg
              Participant

Thanks Cris! Really looking forward to mix the second production song.

LOL Craig!

Arthur Labus

I have the honor to present my mix of that awesome song !!!

SPECS:
                  - Featuring my wife as some backing vocals, so you better like it 🙂
                  - Featuring my friend Rodrigo Pezzoti on guitar doing some solos !
                  - Based on raw mix from Anders
                  - Did some touch ups for drum tracks
                  - Duplicate and re-amp some guitars
                  - Did simple Artwork (Photogrph by me)

https://soundcloud.com/geo-catch/plap-01-is-the-wind-to-blame-al-mix

As usual: fell free to give me feedback

Thanks for everyone involved !

• This reply was modified 8 years ago by Arthur Labus.
                  Cris Sabater Sabater
                  Participant

Hi Arthur, great mix mate! I like the atmosphere you create in it. Very nice. 🙂

Arthur Labus

Thanks Cris ! My wife appreciate that ! LOL

It is funny by the way that everyone of us tagged that song completely different 🙂
                      POP ROCK Alternative ROCK everything goes 🙂

Arthur Labus

Hi Craig !
                        Finally i've listen to your mix. I personally would like little more diversity, not only on electronic drums 🙂
                        Yes i know, it was so in the 80's 😉
                        Your voice is not so strong processed as in other mixes - what exactly you've done (or not) ?
                        I like it very much, very interessting attempt with that genre. Do it again Craig, as long as you not going to be like "Modern Talking" LOL

Arthur Labus

Hello Anders !
                          Now your mix 🙂 I like also very much ! (Do we have bad stuff here ?!)
                          Cool Idea with background vocals, maybe a little bit too loud, but it is matter of taste.
                          Drum Kick and Bass seems to be really low and wide. It gives a really great foundation for that track.
                          It may be too much bass in general for no so hi-fi players but i may be wrong.
                          It could be worth to look after the guitar track and become it in stereo. It is also my personal taste 🙂
                          At the end, it may be cool to split the vocal track in two tracks (left/right) and mute in opposite instead of panning. But as usual it may be my personal taste 🙂

Great mixes so far ! Anybody else ?

Anders Isberg
                          Participant

Thanks for the feedback Arthur. You're right, much of what's going on in our mixes is down to personal taste. Like Cris said I think the atmospheric aspect of your mix is very nice and the lead vocals sound really good. The backing vocals could be turned up a bit and with the reverb backed off, for my taste. 🙂 You've got a completely different take on the guitar sounds, which is cool. I would have backed off on the effects there, but again a matter of taste. Having a solo guitar in there is a nice idea. I think it would sound better with some editing, and the guitar sound seems more suited for an instrumental rock track. At the same time it would be very boring if we all heard the songs we mix in the same way. Your wife can be proud, just let us hear more of her next time 🙂

• This reply was modified 8 years ago by Anders Isberg.
                          Viewing 12 posts - 13 through 24 (of 40 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.