Academy Dashboard Forum Studio Show off your studio Paul Beckwith_Studio Submission_Patapsco Recordings

• This topic has 2 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by Paul.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Paul
    Participant

Paul Beckwith
      We are based near Baltimore Maryland USA on the edge of Patapsco Park!!! beautiful and quite spot.

- Bio
      I Have always loved music as a kid. Took piano lessons, Drum lessons, learned guitar on my own. I ended up playing Bass most because no one wanted to, everyone wanted to play guitar or drums. I grew to love hifi stereo equipment and spent all my money on that, mowing lawns, cleaning houses, pet sitting.... Took electronics in school and later in a trade school. All while playing in bands. Started recording with two tape decks then on four track cassettes systems in a spare bedroom. This led to collecting instruments so we had something to record. Then the gear collection began!!!! I put all this together so I could wright and record songs with my friends as a project studio, that is why I say we. I have been and still am working as a contractor for NASA since 1988, doing Spacecraft OPS, and now Spacecraft laser Ranging and this is how I paid for the studio gear. the Big rack/console we are using was part of the control center fo IUE (International ultraviolet Explorer) operations. We have not built any rooms, we just have collected gear and learned to use it, but we Plan on building rooms as the near future part!!! The best part is to have fun, that is why it's called playing an instrument!

- DAW of choice:
      Pro Tools

- Genres you primarily work with:
      Pop, Country, Rock

- Favorite Plugins:
      Waves CLA, Waves MV2, All the UAD stuff.

- Gear List:
      Lots of Microphones from Shure, sennheiser, Roswell, Audio Technica, lewitt, Rode, beyerdynamic, Warm, Mojave Audio, Audix, EV, Mic Parts Kits, Blue, AKG.
      Mixer Allen and Heath Zed R16
      Mic Pre: UA, UK Sound,Warm,rupert neve 500 series,Focusrite, Art, the dizengof pre's are my favorite!!!
      Compression: UA 1176, Warm 1176 and la2a, Anthony Demaria, Focusrite, DBX, dizengof.
      Amps: Fender,Rolland, Ashdown
      Guitars/Bass: Fender,Rickenbacker, Ibanez, Gibson,Taylor, Martin, Epiphone, Hofner, Washburn, Goodtime Banjo
      Keys: kurzweil
      Drums: Tama, zildjian, DW
      Computer Mac Mini server, Mac book pro, Two UAD quad firewire processors
      - Facebook and Instagram links: https://www.facebook.com/patapscorecords/

• This topic was modified 4 years ago by Paul.
      Mark Beeson
      Participant

Great studio.

Paul
        Participant

Thank You.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.