Academy Dashboard Forum Production Mixing Parallel Compression

• This topic has 2 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by ChrisW.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    ChrisW
    Participant

Hi, I was working on a mix last night and ran into some issues when trying to bring in some parallel compression on the drums. When I brought the faders up it immediately had some phase issues without adding the compression yet. I could use a plugin that has a mix knob but I thought I should try to resolve the issue first. Is there anything that could be causing this that I'm overlooking? Would this occur if the drums aren't properly phase aligned before adding in a parallel effect?

Thanks for any advice you can give!

Scott Peets
      Participant

In Pro Tools when switching from recording to mixing you have to change your latency setting from low latency to high. That may cause some phasing/latency issues.

ChrisW
        Participant

The track I was mixing's one from PLAP so I didn't record or change my settings, but the comment made me realize that even deactivated the multiple plugins I had on the channel were affecting the latency. I had 4 compressors I was gonna audition. Thanks for the help Scott!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.