Academy Dashboard Forum Production Mixing Multitracks with Glyn Johns Style Drums

• This topic has 1 reply, 2 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by casey dankle.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Thomas Niedermayer
    Participant

Hi everybody! I'm new so not shure if this is the right spot to post, please correct me if I'm wrong. Also sorry for my english 🙂 Now to my question: Does anyone know a source for multitracks containing drums recorded with the 4 mic Glyn Johns technique? I need to practice mixing those. Thanks, Thomas.

casey dankle
      Participant

Hi Thomas, I can provide you with some drum tracks that I recorded for a cover of Stairway to Heaven. These were recorded with 4 mics using the recorderman technique which is very similar to Glyn Johns technique. The mics used were Slate ml-1 large condensers on overheads and Slate ml-2 small condensers for kick and snare top, and the interface was Slate vrs8. If you do not use Slate products, I can print the tracks with the same modeled mics that I used in the mix, as the Slate system can model a multitude of well known mics. The raw recordings of the mics without any modeling sound very good also, so I can send you two versions of the tracks if you wish (one with modeling, one without) If you are interested in these, let me know and I can upload them tonight when I get home.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.