Academy Dashboard Forum Academy Academy Lesson Suggestions MIDI and Virtual Instruments

• This topic has 1 reply, 2 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by James Lamont.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Walker Koldplay
    Participant

I am a (almost 45 yo) rocker and I have paid too little attention to MIDI and virtual instruments EVEN THOUGH I'VE ALWAYS KNOWN ABOUT THEM!!! For only the second time in my life, I hooked my Korg M1 up to my Mac this weekend and was astonished to see how easy it was to use the virtual instruments that came with Logic Pro. What flexibility and good sounds that I have had at my disposal for years, sitting unused! Crazy!! Perhaps, I am in the minority here, but what else am I not taking advantage of???

James Lamont
      Participant

Hi Ron. I use all the major drum virtual instruments with my older Roland digital kit triggering and creating Midi tracks. Its great that you can then go back and edit a sloppy drum take! I am however a fan of getting it right with out all the editing. I use protools which comes with tons great sound as well and Logic like you said does as well. I bought a midi controller keyboard for 150.00 and had access to so many album quality sounds and sound fx. I just remember having a good friend who played keys in bands and on recordings spending thousands on a Korg. I am by the way a 43 yo rocker!!!!!1

Cheers Ron

JB

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.