Academy Dashboard Forum Academy Academy Lesson Suggestions Making Popular Music

• This topic has 0 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 8 years ago by Kevin Williams.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Kevin Williams
    Participant

Hi Warren,
      I love watching your videos and have been watching them for a couple of years and now I am an Academy Member! ☺
      However, the reason I am is to further my music and get better at writing, recording, arranging and proceeding my own music. I'm not sure how much that is true for every one here but hopefully enough.

I would like to get to the bottom of what's considered a modern mix, let's assume a rock/alternative mix. Where you would describe what techniques you would use (and alternatives) for example, to make the chorus 'thicker' I know you have discussed it previously but I would like more depth and examples of what's trending now. How to use synth sounds and so on.

All of which I'm doing but it just isn't cutting through, I don't think. So more advice from you Warren would make a big difference.

Which brings me on to my other idea... A critique of our original music. Where you could offer suggestions to make the song sound modern, if it isn't already which would tie the two together.

Thanks for reading!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.