Academy Dashboard Forum Academy Pro Mix Academy Amanda Hardy - "Love Me I'm Rich" Love Me I'm Rich (mixed by Martin Winterstein-Smith of GibAudio.com)

• This topic has 0 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 7 years ago by Martin Winterstein-Smith.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Martin Winterstein-Smith
    Participant

Hi all,
      Here is my mixed version of Love Me I’m Rich

https://soundcloud.com/user-658209373/love-me-im-rich-mixed-by-martin-winterstein-smith-of-gibaudiocom

I have to say Warren, I had a tremendous amount of fun with this track! Amanda’s voice is simply awesome!!! Anyway, here is very brief overview of what I did…

I paid particular attention to the main vocal and added some delay on the end of each line of each verse. I worked on the BV’s too but found it very hard to get the right EQ I was happy with… It could be my speakers but will appreciate any comments.

I also worked on “blending” the snare drum grace notes with the main snare (as I felt this would be much closer to what a real drummer would play). I also cleaned up the snare drum “pick up” at the end of the quiet break (leading into the rocking out section).

I had some great fun with the playout too and added some more drums & bass stabs

Lastly, I personally loved the synth sounds at the end so I added a sweeping EQ (from L-R) to help exaggerate (what I call) the “Alien Spaceship” sounds flying around at the very end LOL 😉

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.