Academy Dashboard Forum Academy Pro Mix Academy Amanda Hardy - "Love Me I'm Rich" Love Me I'm Rich-David J mix

• This topic has 2 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 2 years ago by David Johnson.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    David Johnson
    Participant

This is my first mix submission! I followed Warren's "Mixing In The Box" tutorial pretty religiously, so there won't be any big surprises until the end, when I found a creative use for the DI guitar part. Hopefully my new ending doesn't violate the spirit of the song.

Really excited to finally submit something, after months of learning from all of you!

Details: used the UAD Fender Deluxe for vocal distortion, Fabfilter Pro Q-3 for all my EQ'ing, UAD 1176 for most of the compression, Valhalla Vintage Verb and EchoBoy for time-based effects, and Cubase 10 as my DAW. My mix is mid-forward (maybe too much, but I kind of like it; it helps warm the song up when it goes insane at the end).

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1h-TnXF54JZfIvUxg5aRdfUJ63LOYeL0z/view?usp=sharing

Andy Tullis
      Participant

Hey David, Congrats on presenting your first mix here in the academy. I really enjoyed this mix. Your guitar tone is on point. I think and these are just a suggestion, I would bring down the bass a little when the vocals come in on the first verse. It seems to mutter them a little. Lastly I think everything is so at the same volume in parts it has a tendency to get a little muddy.  Or everything is to squashed in the master, it may just need more room to breath. That is if you master it. Again these are just suggestions. BTW the ending was great! As well as the vocals.

Andy Tullis

David Johnson
        Participant

Hey Andy-- thank you so much for your feedback! I'll take another pass and see if I can clear out some of the muddiness.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.