Academy Dashboard Forum Production Digital Recording Looking for drum sample packs for either EZ Drummer of Addictive Drums

• This topic has 3 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Ted Shusterman
    Participant

Hi all, I'm new to drum programming and drum samples. I have EZ Drummer 2.

I'm looking for recommendations for a sample pack for either EZ Drummer or Addictive Drums that is closest to the sound in this track: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1byuf1PQ_8 It's kind of an instrumental hip-hop/trip-hop piece.

I'm working on a cover/arrangement of this piece for classical guitar and Chapman stick, which I think would have some bearing on what sound to go for. Bonus points if the sample pack could work for funk (Chameleon), r&b (Billie Jean), etc.

Thanks in advance for your suggestions!

Michael B
      Participant

Huh. Been using EZD and Superior Drummer for awhile now - so good. If you enable all the outputs and put the kick and snare on it's own track I bet you could find a provided kit and sculpt the kick and snare to be like this. The beat isn't far out at all. If I was recreating this style, I'd just pick a close pattern, and edit the notes.

Hope that helps. Cheers. Michael

Michael B
        Participant

There are tons of midi packs on the toontrack site. I have the hip hop grooves, the alternative pack and all the song writer packs. None of them are disappointing in any way.

Anonymous

Take a look at 'Spectrasonics - Stylus RMX'

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.