Academy Dashboard Forum Academy Pro Mix Academy Little Empire - "Shoot You Down" Little Empire - Shoot You Down - Mixed By Les Walker

• This topic has 7 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by Warren Huart.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Les Walker
    Participant

Hello everyone,

Here's my mix. ITB using Cubase.

https://www.orfium.com/track/622015/little-empire-shoot-you-down-mixed-by-les-walker-les-walker/

[soundcloud url="https://api.soundcloud.com/tracks/346249857" params="color=#ff5500&auto_play=false&hide_related=false&show_comments=true&show_user=true&show_reposts=false&show_teaser=true" width="100%" height="166" iframe="true" /]

Cheer's,
      Les.

Arthur Labus

I like it Les.
        Very clean, bright mix but not too harsh.
        Very good job !

Shiyun Wu
        Participant

Hey, Les!
          Great mix!
          Very modern, clear sounding!
          Nice strings! I don't remember seeing them in the original multitracks. Did you programmed them yourself?

The vocal is a little buried when the arrangement becomes busy.
          The glock might be a little too hot.

Great work!
          Shiyun

Les Walker
          Participant

Hey thanks Arthur.

I've uploaded a tweaked mix with smoother hi mids. New mix on the same links above.

Cheers
            Les.

Les Walker
            Participant

Hey thanks Shiyun.

I've tweaked the mix a little. I turned down the glock in the 2nd and last choruses and bridge and smoothed out the hi mids a little.

The strings were in the original multitrack. I just mixed what was provided.

New mix is in the same links above.

Cheers
              Les.

Warren Huart
              Keymaster

Kick has amazing air on it. Pre chorus moves really well. Chorus slams, excellent work! Honestly, this is a pretty faultless mix! I'm blown away my friend!

Les Walker
                Participant

Well I'm blown away by your comments Warren, thank you so much. I Worked really hard on this mix so it means a lot to get comments like this.

Will you be working with the band again in the future? With your help they certainly know how to write catchy songs.

Cheers
                  Les.

Warren Huart
                  Keymaster

You're very welcome Les! Glad to be able to help! The comments were very worthy of a great mix my friend! Very impressed! I just got the first songs from Ace Frehley for his new album to mix! Very exciting! Yes, with Little Empire I co wrote all of the songs and played a lot of the instruments!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.