Academy Dashboard Forum Studio Gear Talk Lewitt. LCT - 140 or LCT - 340

• This topic has 1 reply, 2 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by Martin Østervig Larsen.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Saltydog
    Participant

I want to buy a new small diaphragm condenser microphone to record acoustic guitars. I originally was looking at the LCT-340 thinking it would be better than the LCT-140 because it is twice the price but on one of Warrens videos he mentioned that he uses the LCT-140 allot on acoustic guitars. So I am left to wonder would the 340 not be better? What is the differences and why is Warren using the 140?

Thanks. Kevin

Martin Østervig Larsen
      Participant

From what I remember from the videos I think it's mostly the 340 that he uses (OH and acoustic), but I could be wrong?

The 140 is a back-electret design while the 340 is a true condenser - from what I've heard they both sound great, but I would definitely expect a quality difference. The Lewitts are great value for money in general, so I wouldn't hesitate to buy either. I have two 440's and the 840 - both great. If you can get the PLAP discount (which doesn't apply here in Europe) the prices are insane.

Another great option affordable option is the SE electronics se8. They sound really great. I have a couple of those and use them for acoustics and OH.

The quality of mics these days is so high that even really cheap options like the 140 or se8 sound great and will definitely not stop you from having great results. In the end, the player and guitar are much more important.

• This reply was modified 6 years ago by Martin Østervig Larsen.
      Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.