Academy Dashboard Forum Production Production Techniques KICK DRUM DESIGN, is there someone to unveil the secret ?

• This topic has 0 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 3 years ago by Fred.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Fred
    Participant

Hi all

I have one of my client who has requested me, i trigger its kick drum in his track, and wanted to get something specific, namely a Kick drums which sounds like the song here under :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nfs8NYg7yQM

Actually i have study this one deeply, and i managed to be close, but it still doesn't match.

I assume there are at least three layers in this one, the bass drum, the body kick, and a top kick. i have tested different technique, layering sample from different sample bank (producer choice, golden baby, RFX etc ...) no success, then i have tried to design it in "Kick 2" from sonic academy no results as well.

the main challenge i met, is actually about the body Kick which is hitting pretty hard in the 300-1000 area and slapping.

with the closest one i did, i use the following treatment :

C1 Gates, boosting the floor trying to get a good slap

UAD Neve 1073

AVALON 2044 compressor

Transient designer

UAD Fairchild 670

Parallel compression : (focusing the area from 300 to 1500) NEVE 33609

Summing in Console SSL six, with a slight compression from the G compressor.

This chain has brought me a good texture, but the medium is still not OK,

If someone is able to redo it, i will glad to understand how this kick is built actually.

Thanks for your support

Fred

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.