Academy Dashboard Forum Studio Gear Talk Kali Audio IN-8

• This topic has 2 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 3 years ago by Lee Campbell (aka whaleblueprs).
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Lee Campbell (aka whaleblueprs)
    Participant

Anyone here have 'em or used 'em? I'm thinking of getting a pair to replace my Eris 5 and Temblor T10 setup. Hoping they'll be better than what I have. Watched PLaP YouTube video and they seem like a good choice.

William Hall
      Participant

Just saw this.  bought them about 6 weeks ago and finally 2 weeks ago got them setup.  Short story they are awesome.  sound amazing.  although my room is very challenged as far as being acoustically treated.  but i can tell a huge difference.  i have behringer MS40's.  I go back and forth to get a reference point.  but the sound is huge and they are very clear.  total thumbsup and recommendation from me on the IN-8's

Lee Campbell (aka whaleblueprs)
        Participant

That's really good to hear! I put them on the back burner because I was thinking of getting Sonarworks first and sorting some things out before I buy new monitors. That would allow me to get a good pair of matched mics and a good outboard compressor for my next batch of songs I want to get going. I only use monitors for playback at this point. I'm hoping there will be people on here who are better mixers than I am.

I chatted with Warren and he was excited that I offered to upload 12 of my songs for Members Uploads. I'll have 10 songs sent to Eric G by tomorrow night if all goes well. The last song is in 2 parts because it's a prog pieced clocking in at over 13 minutes. I thought with that in mind, I'd better concentrate more on good tracking to make others lives easier on the mix end of things.

Unless something changes, I'll plan for these a bit down the road. Thank you for your input!!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.