Academy Dashboard Forum Studio Gear Talk Just added a sub

• This topic has 4 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by Michael Hordorwich.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Michael Hordorwich
    Participant

Hey guy and gals i just added a sub to my studio for first time. I actually have 4 sets off monitors setup through my drawmer monitor controller, yes i like different opinions sounds and speakers. Haven't had any luck using it to my advantage so any suggestions would be appreciated alot! thanks, mike
      My monitors are
      my main are Focal aplha 65's
      also yamaha hs5's and 8's
      and my old passive alesis monitor one's which im so used to had them forever will never give them up.
      Subwoofer-Presonus 10" temblorT10
      Also i ordered through sweetwater the presonus eris E66 6.5's will be shipping january 1st as they were backordered! Got them to go with the presonus subwoofer temblorT10

Steve Amadeo
      Participant

Hi Michael,

This isn't related to the sub question so much but I notice you mentioned you use the Drawmer monitor controller. Which model do you have? I'm interested in getting one in the new year.

Did you find it made any difference to the quality of the sound rather than perhaps coming directly from your audio interface?

Cheers,

Steve

Michael Hordorwich
        Participant

Hi steve. I have the drawmer mc2.1 and spent i think $500 i got new but it was $599 i believe at the time but got discounts on lots of things cause i bought a huge package deal through sweetwater and spent a sick amount of money so on some stuff i got great deals. It was well worth yhe money as i use many different monitor sets abd now i use a sub which it has a sub out plus i use the headphones out for control room and the talkback mic too. The thing is superb and i think they make my monitors shine, Maybe cause i spent so much on it and its in my head but other people told me the same thing. Actually i couldnt live without it now. You prolly dont need the 3.1 to me at 900 bucks the 2.1 at 500 is way better. Anyways sorry for long answer but all i can say is that its built great and has great features! Definitely recommend the mc2.1 or actually any drawmer product as everything ive tried by them is great. Take it easy steve. Happy new year. Sincerely, michael

Steve Amadeo
          Participant

Thanks Michael, that's great advice.

I look forward to picking one up in the near future, hopefully!

Thanks again and happy new year to you.

Steve

Michael Hordorwich
            Participant

No problem good luck!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.