Academy Dashboard Forum Production Recording Techniques Jack Douglas comments on Warren S.O.S. interview

• This topic has 1 reply, 1 voice, and was last updated 4 years ago by Matt Graham.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Matt Graham
    Participant

"Douglas asked British producer and engineer Warren Huart to engineer and mix the album. "I stopped engineering many years ago,” says Douglas, "so I use guys like Jay Messina or Warren. That gives me time to do what I have to do, which is to be with the artist, and concentrate on the performances, picking up an instrument to show them a part, co-write, be a cheerleader, whatever is needed. I don't get involved in engineering, but I can talk in specifics, like ask for a certain amount of dBs more of a specific frequency, or suggest a microphone to use and where to place it. Ambience, tone and compression are things we talk about before we start a project, and whatever my suggestions are, Jay or Warren will then put their own spin in them and make them even better".

Warren, can we get some feedback about these sessions, particularly on a few things that first come to your mind that you learned from Jack. Jack's last couple of sentences really intrigued me and I would LOVE, LOVE!! to know any tricks or tips he passed on during the engineering process.

Maybe a video? haha

Cheers mate!

Matt Graham
      Participant
      Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.