Academy Dashboard Forum Studio Gear Talk Interfaces

• This topic has 1 reply, 2 voices, and was last updated 2 years ago by face (chris) Janton.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Gregg Romano
    Participant

I currently use a usb mixer (Yamaha MG10XU) as my interface into my DAW (Logic Pro X) when recording to or playing back from my computer (mac desktop). Would there be a noticeable difference in sound quality if I used an interface like Audient ID4 or Apollo twin instead of the usb mixer?

face (chris) Janton
      Participant

It is unlikely. Yamaha preamps have a good reputation for being clean. The same can be said of Midas (designed) preamps, Focusrite, et al.

Are you simply looking for a different interface for the sound of the preamps? or are there other things you want to change?

I use a Behringer XR18 (with Midas designed preamps) as my interface to Logic, and for use in live recordings. About the only "real" limitation, if you can call it that, is that I can only record at 48 kHz - that has not been a problem for me.

You might want to try placing one of Logic's "vintage" EQ plug-ins on your inputs and turn up the "Drive" knobs. Definitely will color the clean sounds coming from the MG10XU

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.