Academy Dashboard Forum Studio DAWs Harrison Mixbus Hello Mixbussers

• This topic has 3 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by Tres Seaver.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Roger Menso
    Participant

Hi,

I've recently jumped from Mixbus2 to MB32c as a long time Pro Tools user. One thing I'd like to know is has anyone managed to hook up a USB/MIDI control surface to handle the eq knobs, sends, etc? Specifically has anyone got a BCR2000 to do this job? I have a BCF2000 which works great on the channel faders, pan, etc but I'd love even more of the hardware interface to go along with the analog style of the DAW.

In PT I've always used a DIGI002 desk and Command 8 as my surfaces and I use them all the time. The Behringer gear isn't as smooth but it's still pretty good.

Thanks,

Roger.

Fabio Minuzzi
      Participant

Hey Roger,

I have the 32c as well.
        For those things you might look at Facebook for Guy called Russell Cottier here is his FB-Link https://www.facebook.com/russell.cottier

I think he knows how you might can hookup things in Mixbus

Fabio Minuzzi
        Participant

but i still use Pro Tools because Mixbus is very unstable, yet

Tres Seaver
          Participant

Roger, I've been able to wire up knobs on my USB keyboard / controller to drive a channel fader. Mixbus has pretty good support for the various controller APIs (OSC, Mackie, etc.) via Ardour (see Harrison's videos on control surfaces).

Russell Cottier has been working on a cool project this fall prototyping a custom controller.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.