Academy Dashboard Forum Production Digital Recording Focusrite 18i20 or Presonus 192

• This topic has 8 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by LeoA.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    LeoA
    Participant

Ok so been wanting to update from PT10.3 to PT 12. I currently own a Digi002 and if I upgrade I will loose it cause it's no longer supported.So I was looking into these 2 interfaces. Has anyone used them?
      Btw I have a PC.
      Thanks for any help or recommendations

Mark Warner
      Participant

This probably doesn't help much but I have the Presonus 1818vsl which I think is the predecessor to the 192? I used it with a Windows 7 of and now Windows 10. I don't have anything negative to say about Presonus products. They work well for me and give a lot for the money.

LeoA
        Participant

Do you use Pro Tools or Studio One?

Mark Warner
          Participant

While I have Studio One 2, I actually use Reaper.

LeoA
            Participant

Ok thanks for the info.

Mark Warner
              Participant

BTW, nothing wrong with Studio One, it's a great DAW. I started using Reaper around 2010 and know it inside out and don't want to relearn a new DAW which would slow me down for a while.

LeoA
                Participant

I know what you mean. That's why even though at times I want to switch to Studio One I don't want to have to re-learn another DAW when I'm already comfortable with PT.

Jared Sherman
                  Participant

Pro Tools 12 is fantastic. I am not so sure that your 002 still won't work even though it's not officially supported. I don't know if you realize this but if you buy or upgrade to PT 12 you actually get included licenses for PT 10, 11, 12 and "2016" (still not sure exactly what PT2016 is exactly) so you can still run 10.3 if you actually do run into compatibility problems with your interface and you want to back out while you upgrade. I think there is a good chance though that your 002 will work even if it's not officially supported anymore. A lot of times that just means they have stopped testing that hardware for newer versions of PT, not that it necessarily won't work.

LeoA
                    Participant

Thanks Jared. Hoping it will if not I blame you lol.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.