Academy Dashboard Forum Production Digital Recording File management

• This topic has 3 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 5 years ago by David Allen Hammond.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    David Allen Hammond

Hey guys and gals. I've just bought Sychronizer Pro X, going to use it make backup of recording drives (external). Does anyone know of a way to clone my internal hard drive? All my recording software and plugins are on my Mac mini and I have a real fear of it failing and I'll have to re-authorize all the software and plugins that aren't on iLok. Do I just mirror that drive as well, and does Synchronizer do that as well? I lost a laptop years ago and it took weeks to get up and running again.

Anonymous

Hi David

Acronis True Image is the one and only software that I recommend. Just install the software and after the setup is complete, you can activate the "F11" function. What this does is that when you boot up the computer, you get a prompt after the POST, which says, "Press F11 to start Acronis Image". If you hit F11, you will be redirected to the program and you can make an image from every storage device that is attached to your computer, included your system disc. You can also create a sector-by-sector system clone. This allows you to have an exact mirror of your system disc so when your HDD fails, you just swap the crashed HDD with the HDD clone and you are good to go.

If you do not want to install the software because it takes some processing power, you can also create a bootable thumb drive. The only difference is that you have to change the boot priority in your BIOS to USB bootable devices as first and internal storage devices as second in the boot priority list.

Check this out:
        https://www.acronis.com/en-us/support/trueimage/2018mac/

P.S.: Also, look at Samsung SSD drives. They are not cheap, but they turn your computer into a beast when it comes to performance.

David Allen Hammond

Thanks so much for the info, it looks great. David

David Allen Hammond

Thanks Anonymous, I had already bought Synchronizer Pro, i used their website info to set up a clone of my drive, and it seems to work well.
            I haven't had a major problem so haven't used the backup. I appreciate your time. David

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.