Academy Dashboard Forum Production Production Techniques Does anyone here have any experience with large Avid systems?

• This topic has 0 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 6 years ago by Jonathan Kuehling.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Jonathan Kuehling
    Participant

My recording facility needs to build a media repository for graphic intensive film and gaming assets, in order to streamline our workflow for audio implementation and sound editing. I need to be able to stream Media Composer and Pro Tools HD sessions from the repository without pulling them downloading and uploading them to and from local editing stations.

I have yet to find a strait answer as to what the Avid Nexis systems do any better than any other server with the same specs. None of the dealers know ANYTHING about this...matter of fact, I talked to B&H today, and the 'audio expert' didn't even know how to spell Nexis. The Sweetwater guys are clueless too. Avid's presales turds in India are as worthless as male tits, and do nothing but 'create a case' that no one ever follows up with you on.

For $14,000, does anyone know if this system does anything that can't be done with a normal server? Would someone please tell me what are some specific things this system does better?

• This topic was modified 6 years ago by Jonathan Kuehling.
      • This topic was modified 6 years ago by Jonathan Kuehling.
    Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.