Academy Dashboard Forum Collaboration - Competition Member Collaborations Different means of collaborating using Pro Tools

Tagged: 

• This topic has 2 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by Tal Pipkin.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Tal Pipkin
    Participant

Just wondering what about the different means of collaboration with Pro Tools (2018 presently) projects. I know there appears to be a collaboration menu item within Pro Tools but was not sure if others utilized it. I have been using Dropbox recently, however large session files hit my quota pretty quick. Looking to collaborate after my current session is done and want to do it the best way. Many thanks in advance!!

Paul Motion
      Participant

Hey Tal, I’m currently collaborating through PT 2019.6. So far it’s been a slightly challenging experience.
        I think that if you want to continuously share all your changes then the upload/downloads can be tricky and there’s ALOT of waiting around for synchs to happen.
        If you only share a fee changes after the initial full synch then it might be easier.

The other thing to remember is that you’ll need more storage than the standard 1Gb you get from Avid if you’re the owner/originator.

The idea of how it works is not new but the implementation leaves something to be desired.

I’ve only just started using this part of the toolset so this is my first impressions.... I’ll let you know how I go further down the track.

Hope that helps.
        Paul

Tal Pipkin
        Participant

Thank you VERY much, Paul. That is what I was wondering. Yeah, 1G hardly seems like a lot of storage with respect to the number of tracks I have been getting per session. Yes, please let me know (when you are able, of course) how it works out for you. VERY curious as to whether or not this will be a replacement for my current method(s). Take care and thanks again for your reply/insight!!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.