Academy Dashboard Forum Studio Show off your studio David Allen Hammond - Tune Drive Sound

• This topic has 2 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 3 years ago by David Allen Hammond.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    David Allen Hammond

I'm David Allen Hammond in Taos, New Mexico, USA. I'm owner and operator of TUNE DRIVE SOUND just north of the beautiful town of Taos.
      I've been a guitarist and songwriter for many years (songs on a few grammy nominated albums) I spent most of my life in Austin Texas
      where I began recording. Last year we bought a house and began remodeling it for a studio space. This is still in progress
      but we're open for projects. I work with a variety of styles including rock, folk, americana, jazz and blues. I also done a
      fair amount of live recording of performances.
      TUNE DRIVE SOUND is a hybrid studio using Pro Tools with a Digidesign 003 console and an AMEK Big 44 with quite a few
      outboard compressors, preamps and effects units. We have quite a few electric and acoustic guitars, basses and amps as well as
      a rebuilt 1916 Steinway A and a Hammond M102 organ. I have an Tascam ATR 60 1" 16-track tape machine awaiting service.
      Also available are a Nord Stage 88, M-Audio and Evolution midi controllers, Yamaha and Pearl drums sets, lots of hand percussion and a variety of microphones.
      I use plug-ins by Waves, Soundtoys, Klanghelm, iZotope, Antares, Mc DSP,
      Plugin Alliance etc..
      We're planning an upgrade to an Antelope Orion 32+ in the near future. I'm also hoping to get a pair of Kali LP8 monitors, a Tegler Creme RC stereo buss compressor
      and a Lewitt LCT 940 microphone.
      TUNE DRIVE SOUND is a large adobe building with 21' ceilings. It sits about 200 yards from the Rio Grande gorge. The Mamby hot springs are a 30 minute walk away and Taos Ski Valley is about a 20-minute drive.
      Photos on instagram: https://www.instagram.com/p/B-iurShhQIO/
      My Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/david.hammond.79

• This topic was modified 4 years ago by David Allen Hammond.
      Jackson Price
      Participant

Holy s***. I just moved from Taos as I just wrote on your reply to me. I could refer you to all sorts of musicians if you would like? Just DM me. i made 2 albums in Taos. It's an amazing music community.   My mothers house is the one with the grow dome on top of the hondo mesa just as the main road drops into hondo. The one that you can't miss. - Jackson

David Allen Hammond

I'm DMing you now.  Thanks for the reply

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.