Academy Dashboard Forum Collaboration - Competition Competitions (Mixing, Songwriting, etc.) Dark Times Collaboration - Turning Point

• This topic has 1 reply, 2 voices, and was last updated 3 years ago by Robert McMahon.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Todd Mitchell
    Participant

Well PLAPers, who's going to enter this one?

After day 1, I got this far.  I'm trying to decide if I should enter this as a remix since 1) I recall the last time, I recall one of the judges looking for a clone of their mix - and that's probably not something I can do and 2) I have a bit of a different vision for this tune.  So I might need to replace one or more parts.

But curious of feedback, as always!

https://soundcloud.com/thedarkermusic/dark-times-collaboration-turning-point

Robert McMahon
      Participant

Yeah, get what you mean about the risk of a judge looking for a clone of their mix. But Kristian gave us DIs of the guitars and made sure to let us know he only shared the finished guitar tracks so we can figure out what he had done with'em. Listened to a lot of the submissions earlier in the comp and most did try to emulate what he'd done.

Nice mix over all but felt you could have added more of the guitars to really seal the aggressive sound of the drums.

RobMc

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.