Academy Dashboard Forum Collaboration - Competition Competitions (Mixing, Songwriting, etc.) Dark Times Collaboration - Turning Point

• This topic has 4 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 3 years ago by Chris.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Chris
    Participant

Hi @ All,
      This is my entry for the mixcontest. Please tell me your thoughts and flaws you'll find, so i can win the next contest.
      It is entirely mixed ITB on Logic ProX using only the uilt-in Logic Plug Ins. I put a Cytomic "The Glue" here and there and the "Molot" russian compressor on the drum buss.
      Enjoy
      https://soundcloud.com/chris-jordan-295014863/christian-iorga-turning-point-mix

Thankx for giving it an ear and a thought
      Cheers,
      Chris

Robert McMahon
      Participant

Enjoyed listening to it. Good work on the kik coming through, through out it. Like the snare, but felt it could of had a bit more body to it? It was mainly just a snappy-ness that I could hear.
        <div id="delugesiphon-modal-gabdloknkpdefdpkkibplcfnkngbidim"></div>

• This reply was modified 3 years ago by Robert McMahon.
        Chris
        Participant

Thanks for taking your time listening to it Robert! Much appreciated!

Cheers,

Chris

Joseph Swenson
          Participant

Hi Chris,

I agree... More bottom end. Vocals need more impact and presence. I want to be blown away when they come in.  Maybe double track them?  Maybe some additional delay or reverb to give them some depth.  Otherwise, Great mix!

Cheers,
            Joe

Chris
            Participant

<p style="text-align: left;">Thanks Joseph for taking your time to listen to my mix.</p>
              I will consider all the suggestions.

Rock On!

Chris

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.