Academy Dashboard Forum Studio DAWs Reason Custom Drums Combi

• This topic has 0 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 8 years ago by Andrew Mckenzie.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Andrew Mckenzie
    Participant

I was playing around with some of Warrens drum samples the other day and wanted an easier way to setup a combination of samples to be triggered via midi, so I created a combinator to try and see if I could get something useful. Not sure if it will be of use to anyone else but feel free to take a look and let me know your thoughts. 🙂

All you need to do is drag the various samples onto the Kick Kong pads (1,3,5,7,9,11) and Snare Kong pads (1,3,5,7,9,11,13,15) and then adjust the mix to your liking. There are some compressor and verb controls on the Combi but you can use them to control whatever you like.

A Redrum is used to trigger both kongs and to supply the other samples like hat, cymbals, toms... midi triggering to the kongs is disabled.

The only pita is once you swap the samples you need to go into the kong drum module and set the drum output to the corresponding pad output (so for pad 7 the output should be "Output 7-8")

Cheers....Andrew

• This topic was modified 8 years ago by Andrew Mckenzie.
    Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.