Academy Dashboard Forum Academy Pro Mix Academy Amanda Hardy - "Love Me I'm Rich" CTD Love Me I'm Rich - Stereo Version (cough cough ahem !)

• This topic has 5 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by Warren Huart.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    thedove
    Participant

Hi All

Lets try this one !

https://soundcloud.com/craig-dove-4/promix-love-me-im-rich-ctd-pcpt-160616-5

Cheers

C

• This topic was modified 7 years ago by thedove.
      Andrew Mckenzie
      Participant

Great job Craig, love the SSL style snare, I got lost in the heavies in parts but that's the point in a song like this one I guess. It's hard to get it all in there towards the end. 🙂

thedove
        Participant

Thanks Mate

yeah it was a doozy - I'm still not quite happy (are we ever) and I still have some of warrens videos to watch - so hopefully I will refine my mix later.

Cheers

C

Mark Warner
          Participant

Hi Craig, Nice mix, I struggled a bit with this one too, should have given myself more head room in the setup. One thing I noticed is a click at about 21 seconds? An editing artifact or a plugin switching on maybe?
            Cheers - Mark

Additional - I found the click in my mix too, It's in the lead vocal tracks, it might be a bit of loud lip or tongue sounds, anyway I removed it from my mix now.

• This reply was modified 7 years ago by Mark Warner.
            thedove
            Participant

Thanks Mark - much appreciated.

I have really started to be careful with my headroom now as as I have been realy pushing stuff in a few mixes and suddenly there is no where to go !

I heard that click once you mentioned it - might go hunt it down if I get a chance as I think there are a couple of other pops in my mix too.

Cheers mate

C

Warren Huart
              Keymaster

The Dove! The snare has a great snap to it, especially in the verses! On the whole a great mix! The heavy guitars being mono actually adds to grunge effect of the track! Really great mix! I would ride the snare in some the heavy sections, don;t be afraid to brighten it there as well, automating a little 5-7k boost to help it cut a little. Great work! Have a marvellous time recording and mixing, many thanks Warren

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.