Academy Dashboard Forum Collaboration - Competition Member Collaborations Collaboration: More, More, More (how do you like it?)

• This topic has 17 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 5 years ago by Dave Merkel.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Dave Merkel
    Participant

Hey, fellow PLAPAs:

On today's live stream/mix session, Warren invested a good chunk of time encouraging more collaboration among us. Because he attached my name and message to him in his comments, it's only fair I work to get the ball rolling. I see it's been a couple months since Mark P posted in this thread. Let's reduce the space in between the posts, shall we?

I'm a piano/keyboard player comfortable playing within most genres. I'd be honored to work something up for whatever you're working on. I won't claim I'm the world's best -- but I am good. Comfortable reading notated music (I rarely play exactly as written, just be forewarned), playing from a lead sheet, or by ear. Give me something to play along with, offer up any suggestions and ideas you have or want, and I'll return what I come up with.

I've attached a montage of popular songs from various genres that I recorded in a quick sit-down session (classic rock, novelty, classical, kids' jazz, pop). For transparency: I recorded this to a click track, but no quantization. Consider it my audition! LOL

I'm also open for mixing, but, then again, so are you 🙂

Hit me up if you'd like and need any piano or keyboard tracks, and thanks for being a member of this rockin' group!
      Dave Merkel

PS: If my topic title caused an earworm that needs to be satisfied, here's a link to the Andrea True tune from the waning days of disco (NSFW): https://youtu.be/hVZKJt4WzxM

• This topic was modified 5 years ago by Dave Merkel.
      • This topic was modified 5 years ago by Dave Merkel.
      Kian Sparke
      Participant

Hi Dave, nice work on your demo my friend.

I'm a songwriter/performer/recording artist... the list could go on! Haha! ?

I write in a Classic/Roots/Country-Rock style and always use piano in my productions. I use EZKeys midi at the moment, but always like to play as much live on my stuff as possible - but not being a good keyboard player has led me down the midid route, to date. I might give you a shout at some point to see if you could (would like to) help me out with the keys, if that's cool!?

More than happy to work on any collaborations where you might need guitars/vocals/bass etc too. And mixing/mastering as you say... but we're all into that aren't we! ?

You can hear some of my stuff here ☞
        https://kiansparkes.bandcamp.com
        https://www.kiansparkes.com

Talk soon man!

Dave Merkel
        Participant

Hey Kian,
          I love your music ... some great southern rock influences mixed with folk, and your voice tells the stories well. And, your website is great; I could learn a few things from you :).

Yes, please reach out if I can help you out with any projects, and I'll do the same for you!

Thanks Kian!!
          Dave

Kian Sparke
          Participant

Hey Dave, thanks man! Cool!

Talk soon ?

Arthur Labus

Hi boys !
              I wonder if there is possibility to make collab on monthly basis by joining https://mix-challenge.com/
              Its free and safe. I am member there since May 2017 as our PLAPa fellow Gary Regnier provided a song for mix competition.
              There is a dedicated songwriter section.
              Just checked the rules and collabs are allowed.

I can provide my fabolous programmed drums 😉 and all my producer, mixer and mastering skills.

Any thoughts ?

Dave Merkel
              Participant

Hey Arthur ... this could be a diamond in the rough (I'm sometimes the rough and salty one LOL), and the possibilities promising. I've only taken an initial peek at mix-challenge.com, but I'll head back in the next couple of days to register and have a good look at it.

Thanks!
                Dave

Arthur Labus

Just keep in mind, the new competition will start on November 1st.
                  Anyway - i can keep with the theme for November and so on.

I see that as "real" deal due there is a deadline.
                  We got 2 and half collbs here in forum ready long time ago and there was a deadline.
                  Since then any attempt shoared.

Anyone else ? Kian ?!

Dave Merkel
                  Participant

Thanks for the heads up about the deadline. I’m im meetings for the next few hours. I’ll get registered tonight and get ready to start. Thanks

Dave

Kian Sparke
                    Participant

Hi Dave & Arthur... yep I'm in for a collaborator, but have no idea about how it works here!

Happy to help however my skills and time can! ?

Count me in! ?

Arthur Labus

Lets make it easy Kian 😀

In two days starting new Mix Challenge songwriter competition.
                        There maybe a theme and/or genre to match.
                        Then we have 24 days to contribute.

So i would say, check the site if you want and we wait for Novembers theme or genre.
                        Then we see.
                        I would suggest to start new thread for that.
                        We could say, at least on November 2nd we should decide if and what we do.
                        File sharing could be via my pCloud.

So lets do it !

Kian Sparke
                        Participant

Arthur/Dave... cool! I like easy! ?

Keep me posted! I'll check our the website if I get chance! ?

Talk soon

Arthur Labus

Ha ha ha - this months Songwriter Competitions genre is .... METAL 😀

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 18 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.