• This topic has 26 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 2 weeks ago by CJ [Spectrum424].
Viewing 12 posts - 13 through 24 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    Tom McElman
    Participant

Your guitar parts are great CJ! Very solid and they make up most of the song.  I just hung a few ornaments on the tree😂.  Also great vocals Dan!   Looking forward to hearing the finished song.   This was my first collaboration opportunity and it was an honor to add whatever I could.  Have a great week everybody!

• This reply was modified 1 year ago by Tom McElman.
      Stuart Coleman
      Participant

Aw brilliant Sir, I need to get my time management sorted!!!! 🙂

CJ [Spectrum424]
        Participant

Just did an updated mix with some changes. See original top post for details.

Take care!

/CJ

Dan Boruchowitz
          Participant

Hey CJ,

It sounds fantastic! I definitely can add a few elements (BGV) and also need to work on the final verses, needs a change and the timing is out. Have some time do work on that. Let me know any specific areas of attention we need to focus on. Can get that to submit for July 5 for sure.

Cheers!

Dan

CJ [Spectrum424]
            Participant

Hey Dan!

Thank you so much! Some more BGV;s would be awesome. I also hear some Ooooh or Aaaah harmonies in the breakdown before the last chorus.

Agree on the change up and the timing in the last chorus. I tried a little copy/paste but f***ed up the timing a bit :).
              I ended up trying to correct but that just made another parts worse.

Here's an edited version without vocals in breakdown and last chorus.

https://dl.dropbox.com/scl/fi/47a9gbhc20u7gegw3g9hi/CJA_1504_Spectrum-Friends-Run_Edited.mp3?rlkey=1ds2pt18cwq2muhrmgp81rtcm&dl=0

Let me know if you need anything else.

/CJ

• This reply was modified 1 month ago by CJ [Spectrum424].
              • This reply was modified 1 month ago by CJ [Spectrum424].
              Dan Boruchowitz
              Participant

Great.

I love the new intro, I actually think it can be shorter going into the verse, maybe get to the vamp quicker. Will take a listen again with any ideas.

Also, not just because I am the vocalist 😉 but think the vox can come up a bit in the mix. Clashes a bit with the guitars on some of the phrases (some automation) in the verse and chorus a bit. Can discuss.

Dan Boruchowitz
                Participant

CJ - Maybe a thought is to double the chorus vocals and see if that have a nice fattening effect. Will throw that in as well as some Oohs aahs etc.

CJ [Spectrum424]
                  Participant

For sure. I'll play around with the intro and see what I can do.

Great idea with a vocal double. And I agree on the vox. I'll put that in my mix notes for next round.

Dan Boruchowitz
                    Participant

Sounds great! Will get stuck into that, looking forward to finishing this track.

Dan Boruchowitz
                      Participant

Hey CJ,

Are you able to send me the latest track without vocals?

Thanks so much.

DB

CJ [Spectrum424]
                        Participant

Hey Dan!

Here's the latest version with no vocals.

https://dl.dropbox.com/scl/fi/hhsxiq5ry6i40ewvgvz9f/CJA_2406_Spectrum-Friends-Run_NoVox.mp3?rlkey=v4wcanjse1c9b6xn9q9m3buot&dl=0

I Also shortened it a bit more.

Take care!

/CJ

Dan Boruchowitz
                          Participant

Hey CJ,

Working on those vocals. Are you still looking to submit for July 5? If so, can get you those asap as that would be cool for Warren and co to hear. Just hope have enough time to get all of it done and for you to mix. Will work quickly.

Also, can you send me the latest track with the vocals that we had as well, need to make sure all aligned and vocals in the right spots.

Cheers!

Cheers

Viewing 12 posts - 13 through 24 (of 27 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.