Academy Dashboard Forum Studio Gear Talk Cassette to MP3 converter...

• This topic has 3 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 5 years ago by Jürgen Schuler.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Tiffany Lamothe
    Participant

I need to get my old song cassettes (from the 80's and 90's,) into the digital world before they further deteriorate. Does anyone have a recommendation for a converter that's CHEAP and easy? I found some little walkman-style converters on amazon for like $25, but unsure if they're any good. Thanks for any recommendations!!

Magnus Johansson
      Participant

I´m sure you will get the best result by buying a second hand cassette deck and connect it to your audio interface.

Arthur Labus

Hi Tiffany,

i did that 😀

Used a cheap, extern USB Soundcard and Technics Tape Deck.
          Good quality internal Soundcard was just too noisy ... you heard literally your computer working 😉

Those Walkman style converters are not good as reported from a friend of mine.
          Noisy as hell. Well, its some years ago but i dont believe they became better.

As i switched from Soundcard to audio interface, just bought some extra cables to become the signal from tape deck.

So the first question is: do you still have a tape deck ?
          I guess you have an adio interface 😉

Jürgen Schuler
          Participant

I second this advice. That's exactly what I did and the result is great.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.