Academy Dashboard Forum Studio DAWs Cakewqalk by BandLab

Tagged: 

• This topic has 2 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by Jon Issberner.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Jon Issberner
    Participant

First time for me to use any DAW so I am unsure if its any good.
      I have had no problems with it so far (I mix multitracks and record a few of my own tracks) and I think it sounds pretty good but am not a seasoned mixer at all. It's not beem mentioned in PLAP anywhere as far as I can see, so I'm wondering - is that because it's not good and I just don't hear it or is it because nobody has used it so has no opinion? Does anyone know any reasons not to use it?
      Jon

Bruce Gammon
      Participant

Hi Jon! I'm new to PLAP Academy and am a Cakewalk by Bandlab (CBB) user for about 2 years now. It's a legitimate DAW as it used to be a $500 DAW (Cakewalk Sonar Platinum) not too many years ago before Bandlab took over in 2017. It has so much functionality built in, of which I haven't even scratched the surface yet. Not only that, it's very stable and really doesn't crash as much as other DAWs can, at least in my experience.

There are plenty of people using CBB; go on YouTube and search Cakewalk by Bandlab and you'll find some great channels that deal extensively with CBB. There's also somethin in the Lesson section of PLAP Academy: The Catalyst Mix Breakdown by PLAPA Member CJ Spectrum424.

Hope this helps!

Jon Issberner
        Participant

Hi Bruce,

sorry for the late reply - I lost my mojo and haven't looked at music for quite some time.  Thanks for the comments, the more I used Cakewalk the more I liked it for functionality and layout - however it just died on me and I couldn't seem to re-install so I switched to Reaper.  All the issues I was having with tone, clarity and separation just disappeared so I don't think it suited my PC set up at all.

Thanks agian and Keep on keepin' on

Jon

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.