Academy Dashboard Forum Studio DIY Broadband absorber build guide

• This topic has 0 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 7 years ago by Jeff Macdonald.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Jeff Macdonald

Hello everyone,

I just finished building a number of broadband absorbers for my new room and figured I'd document the process and put together a PDF guide for anyone else who is interested in learning about a relatively inexpensive and fast method for constructing absorber panels.

These are based on using 3" 2'x4' Roxul RHT-40 but you could certainly substitute that for Owens Corning 703 or 705 with similar results. I used the RHT as it has nearly identical (and in some bands better) coefficients than its fiberglass counterparts and it doesn't make you want to rip your skin off after you handle it.

Please find the guide attached as a PDF. Please don't hesitate to ask for any clarification. I am going to try to get geared up to shoot a video guide in the near future, but this should work for now. I can also put together a guide to build diffusers and other items if there is interest. Please let me know.

Cheers,

Jeff

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.