Academy Dashboard Forum Production Mixing Bouncing Tracks - Quality Loss

• This topic has 2 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 3 years ago by THOMAS BELL.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    THOMAS BELL
    Participant

I have a mix going on and I decided to to bounce a bunch of tracks to free up some processing power.  I bounced BUS tracks with processing to 32 bit files fully expecting to have the same audio quality and bunch of processing freed up.  What I got was a mix that lacked the punch, depth and life that it had before.

Any thoughts from members on this would be appreciated.

• This topic was modified 3 years ago by THOMAS BELL.
      Magnus Emilsson
      Participant

Hello Thomas.

I have personally not had this experience when freezing/bouncing tracks. Are you sure all routings were maintained (side chains, sends, etc) that interact with each other?

/Magnus

THOMAS BELL
        Participant

I was careful not to have any digital over and all plugins were as original.  I am not sure if plugins on the master bus affect anything but I had them bypassed as well.  I had to rework the gain structure a little to get it back.  If for certain sounds "similar" to the original but somewhat "lifeless" by comparison.  I have kind of moved past it and made some different plugin choices to get the processing back under control.  The I have done this in the past on a track here and there and not noticed any thing different.  In this instance I kind of went wild and bounced a lot of buses in one sweep.

I did some looking and did see some mention possibility of issues with non linear plugins although I am not sure why that would matter.

Tom

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.