Academy Dashboard Forum Studio DAWs Pro Tools Big Issue with my Soundcard and ProTools2018.12

• This topic has 2 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 5 years ago by Kevin.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Joerg Stagge
    Participant

Hello to all,
      I feel really pissed now from SoftwareIndustrie :=).
      I bought Protools 2018.12 install it on Win 10 64bit. Soo far soo good.
      I have as Sound device a Soundblaster ZXR PCIE Slot,works all well newest drivers und Win10 64 bit. 2.0 2.1 5.1 Dorect all formats are well.
      Pro tools telling that I have to set buffersize to this device.. there is no way to do it or ?
      When press Button N by starting Protools the card is recognized what a shame ... but after I do configure Pro Tools also stops working can adjust what I want it doesnt run Pro Tools for Audio device...
      Any Ideas?

Kind Regards
      Joerg

Tony Harp
      Participant

What are you using for an audio interface? That is the best thing to route your audio out to your speakers with. I've not had much luck with pcie type soundcards and pro tools. Last I remember it's not advised. Tentative, at best.
        Im sure you use some sort of audio interface to get your signals into pro tools.
        I say your best chance for success is picking up an audio interface if you don't use one.
        Hope this helps. Also, if I'm wrong about any of this, I look forward to being corrected. I run pro tools 12.3, and not too familiar with newer pt 2018 logistics, if there are any.

Cheers

Kevin
        Participant

Install the ASIO4ALL driver. Launch Pro Tools, navigate to the Setup menu and choose Playback Engine. Make sure that ASIO4ALL v2 is selected at top of the window. That should work.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.