Academy Dashboard Forum Production Mastering Adam Ayan Q&A Best sonic mixes you have mastered and reference speaker question

• This topic has 1 reply, 2 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by Adam Ayan.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    camoe

Hello Adam

First, thanks so much for spending time on this forum and love your work with Brian Setzer, Perfect Circle, and The J Geils band to name a few.

I'd be curious as to what you consider some of your best sounding masters?

Also, I loved seeing the Duntechs. I also like that speaker design. Anything the late great John Dunlavy touched was awesome. After John left Duntech and started his own line of Dunlavy speakers I bought a set of his SC IIIs which are essentially a similar 1st order crossover sealed design and I have yet to hear a more accurate speaker to this day. Have you been exposed to any newer design mastering/reference speakers that compare or are as accurate in freq response and time domain?

Thanks again for your time.
      P.S. Yes, I am an admitted recovering audiophile..;-)

Cheers
      Chuck Moe

Adam Ayan
      Participant

Hi Chuck,

Thank you for the kind words, and questions!!

Some sonic favorite masters of mine are:

Pearl Jam "Vs" and "Vitalogy" remasters that I did in 2010
        Augustana (self titled album)
        The Dandy Warhols "This Machine"
        Mavis Staples "Livin' on a High Note"
        Rascal Flatts "Me and My Gang"
        The Band Perry "Pioneer"
        Carrie Underwood "Blown Away"
        Trevor Hall "Kala"
        Blakroc (self titled)

I'm sure I could go on with more, but these are a few that I go back to often for reference, and they of course span several musical genres.

I love my Duntechs! I really wouldn't want to work on any other speaker. I have not heard anything that really competes with them, aside from Bob Ludwig's Eggleston Works speakers, though I still prefer the Duntechs.

Best,
        Adam

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.