Academy Dashboard Forum Studio Studio Building / Acoustics Best books to read for building studio and studio acoustics.

• This topic has 2 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by Mark Ashfield.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    David Meenan
    Participant

Hi Folks, looking for some suggestions on the best books to read for building a studio and studio acoustics.
      Thanks, David.

Jay Peters
      Participant

Hi David,

Yet to start mine, but this was a good informative read;
        Home Recording Studio:Build It Like the Pros 2 edition - Rod Gervais

Found the website I remeber gaining loads of real world examples from a community of like minded studio builders;
        http://www.johnlsayers.com/

Cheers
        jay

• This reply was modified 6 years ago by Jay Peters. Reason: additional info
        Mark Ashfield
        Participant

The best book I've ever read on studio design is Recording Architecture: The Book by Roger D'Arcy and Hugh Flynn. It's not cheap, but it's a huge book, and a beautiful thing to own, superbly printed, and somewhat akin to the best vinyl records - it just oozes quality when you pick it up! The information contained within is informative, beautifully presented, and contains information on every aspect of studio design - from how to construct walls and doors, to the design of their signature acoustic diffusers, wiring, electrics, air conditioning, the whole lot. A fantastic read and well worth the investment.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.